Mojo Kit Gadgets review

 By: Surprise Golela

@surprise_golela

The gadgets that are in the Mojo kit

Multimedia journalism can be tricky and tough especially as technology advances and more multimedia reporting develops and changes. Given all the changes that happen in the field of multimedia journalism it is very important for a multimedia journalist to have the right equipment which will make his job simpler. The Tshwane University of Technology has given their second-year journalism students the Mojo kit Gadgets which will assist them with their work.

As one of the students, I have also received the equipment and decided to make a review on it. The kit has amazing gadgets which I can say they are a must get for everyone. It has Volkano Rhythm Series ultra-powerful headphones, GorillaPod, Volkano Power bank, Volkano 4 port USB Hub, WD elements external drive and 64 GB San Disk memory stick.

I will make a review for each gadget.

  • ·         Volkano Rhythm Series ultra-powerful headphones


I have never really been a fan of headphones but after receiving this kit I just thought of trying them out and I fell in love with them right away. The headphones are walk and talk enabled meaning you can be on a call while you are walking. I am a person who likes to listen to podcasts and these headphones are just the right tool for me to listen to my favourite podcasts while I am on the way. The good thing about them is that they are compatible with most devices if not all of them, they also have the most powerful bass, and the sound is crystal clear. I really recommend this headphone to any person; you will not regret owning them.

I rate them 10 out of 10.

  • ·         GorillaPod starter kit



I have always wanted to get a Pod especially to use it to take videos for my YouTube channel. The day I received the Mojo kit this was the first gadget that got my attention. I used it to take my very first vlog and I was very impressed with the results. One thing that I love about the GorillaPod is that it is flexible, you can use your smartphone, digital camera and put a mic as well as a torch on it. As a podcaster and a vlogger, this is all I needed to deliver the content to all my audience. I really do recommend the pod, one thing that I hate about it is that it is too small if only if it was a bit longer I was going to rate it 10 but I have to give it 9.

  • ·         Volkano pivot series 4 port USB hub

As a multimedia journalism student, I have so many devices that I use to make my work even easy. Most of the time would be saved in different devices so needed this USB hub to help me connect those devices at once. The USB hub allows one to connect up to 4 devices at once. You can connect keyboards, mouses, external drives, mobile phones, printers and many more. It is USB powered and compatible with both Windows and Mac. The most thing that I like about it is that it has a transfer speed of about 480MB per second.

I rate this product 10 and recommend it to anyone who has many devices they might need to connect at once like me.

·     

  •     WD elements external drive

  • We all want that extra storage and the WD elements external drive provides just that for you. As a journalist, I always have so much work to keep safe and sometimes on the computer they are never safe but if you store them in multiple storages that way their safety is secured. The external drive has a space of 1TB and comes with 2 years warranty. The drive is so easy to install and that is what I like about it. The only thing that I do not like is the fact that it is too heavy and because of that I rate it 9 out of 10 but would still recommend it to anyone.
  • Volkano Power Bank

I am one person who is always on the go. As a journalist, I sometimes cover stories very far from my place and I never know how long will I be away for. This power bank is just a perfect tool for those moments. the power bank has two charge ports which allow you to charge two devices at the same time. it also charges both android and IOS devices. what I like about is that it has a LED light indicating the remaining battery from 25%- 100%. the power bank it also switches off automatically after 15 seconds of inactivity saving batter for you as well.

This power bank is a must get especially for students and all those who work in the field most of the time. I rate it 10.


  • San Disk USB 
The last item in the mojo is this SanDisk memory stick. I will use the stick to put all my assignments and documents. It is always stressful to look for your documents when they are not properly stored but with the SanDisk, I will store my documents in one place. I rate this product 7 out of 10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Young woman gives back to the community